Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
This Department treats the children from infancy to the age of 17 yrs. We mainly concentrate upon prevention and interception supplemented with correction of dental abnormalities. We also undertake a total oral rehabilitation for each and every child that reports to our department.
The Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, located on the first floor of the main building designated as room number (9), which include an undergraduate clinic with its independent waiting lounge, staff chambers and a special recreation room for children.
The pediatric dental care comprises of not only the prevention and management of dental caries and gingivitis but also all aspects of the tooth and developmental disturbances, traumatic injuries, oral pathologic, conditions, dental treatment of handicapped and medically compromised children etc.
In the undergraduate department we treat the mild orthodontic problems with removable appliances and groth modification appliances.
The Department is well equipped which enables the student doctors to deliver high quality dental care to the child patient at ease. The Faculty offers dynamic undergraduate programs designed to produce efficient and research oriented dental practitioners.
- Date of Joining:-26-12-2008
- Date of Joining:-25-07-2010
Dr.Shikhar Pratap Singh
- Date of Joining:-07-03-2019
- Date of Joining:-07-03-2019
- Date of Joining:-
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases.
- Management of oral Complications in cleft lip and palate patients.
- Diet councelling for parents for their child.
- Incidence of anterior tooth trauma and potential causes.
- Incidence of supernumerary tooth (mesiodens) and its deleterious effects on dentition.
Dr. Ashish Saxena
- Regaining the Space Loss ThroughPendulum Appliance For Impacted Pre Molar - A Case Report Ashish Saxena, RK Ratre,SK Gupta,NehaVerma Archives of Dental Sciences, Vol 2,issue 4, 61-63
- Failure in fixed Partial Dentures NehaVerma, Ashish Saxena, Amit Rawat Archives of Dental Sciences, July-Dec 2012Vol 3,issue 2, 3-7
- Smile Design : A Conceptual Boon To Smiles NehaVerma, Ashish Saxena NIMS University Journal of Dental Sciences,2013 Vol 1, issue 1,51-56
- Use of Non-Rigid Connector- Say Bye To Stresses- A Case Report Nehaverma, Kamal Shigli, Ashish Saxena
- Compound Composite Odontome Associated With Over-Retained Primary Tooth And Displacement Of Lateral Incisor- A Case Report NehaVerma, Ashish Saxena, ManojUpadhyay, SaurabhUppal Indian Journal of Contemporary Dentistry, jan-jun 2015 Vol 3, no. 1, 81-84
- Bilateral Fusion of Permanent Mandibular Incisors- A Case Report JISPPD(sup) 2008,S32-33
- The Study of Teeth Eruption in Female Children of Malwa Region- A Correlation With Age Arvindjain, Vandana Jain, Sheenu M Suri,Ashish Saxena International Archives of integrated medicine, Feb 2015 Vol 2, issue 2, 108-112
- Unilateral Three Rooted Mandibular First Primary Molars- Report of Three CasesNavneet Agrawal, Vinayak Karun, Rajesh Kumar, Ashish Saxena JIDAMP,Jan-Mar 2012,Issue 1,14-15
- Lingual Orthodontics- A case report Virag Bhatia, Ashish Saxena JIDAMP, Apr-Dec 2014, Issue 2, 26-27
- rehabilitation of eye defect with customised ocular prosthesis: a case report Neha Verma, Ashish Saxena,IJOHMR,issn 2395-7387,july-august 2016,vol 3,issue 2,38-41
- cbct evaluation of impacted mesiodens Ajay Parihar,Amit Rawat,Ashish Saxena, Ram Kishore Ratre J Res Adv Dent 2018;7:2:107-113.
- comparative evaluation of the sealing efficacy of zinc-free high-copper amalgam and mineral trioxide aggregate used as root-end filling material: an in vitro dye penetration study Arvind Jain,Ajay Parihar, Ashish Saxena, Amit Rawat, RamKishore Ratre J Res Adv Dent 2018;7:2:137-142.
- An In Vitro Dye Penetration Study: Evaluating Apical Sealing Ability Of Mineral Trioxide Aggregate Compared To Intermediate Restorative Material.Arvind Jain, Ajay Parihar, Ashish Saxena, Amit Rawat, Kush Pathak.J Res Adv Dent 2018;7:2:143-148.
- Maternal And Periodontal Health: Evaluation Of Knowledge And Awareness Among Pregnant Females In Malwa Region.Madhu S. Ratre, Sumbul Nasir,R.K. Ratre, Ajay Parihar, Ashish Saxena, Vineeta Gupta, Kush Pathak.J Res Adv Dent 2018;7:2:154-161.
- ‘Pediatric Endodontics-act n react or extract’- at 32nd IDAMPCON 2012, Jabalpur.
- ‘CBCT in Pedodontics’- 36 ISPPD National Conference, Lucknow
- ‘Premature eruption of permanent maxillary canine- a case report’ at 37 ISPPD National Conference, Raipur
- Guest speaker-‘Practical implications of CBCT in Pediatric Dentistry’ at DENASIA conference, Bhopal
- Guest speaker-‘Management of luxation injuries in young permanent teeth’ at Hitkarini Dental College, Jabalpur
- Guest speaker- ‘Traumatic intrusion- A treatment dilemma’ at 36IDAMP Jabalpur
- Guest speaker- ‘Current Principles In Management Of Intruded Anterior Teeth’ at PEDOBYTE 38ISPPD National Conference,Kochi
- ‘Spatial Radiography-From Suspicion To Precision’ at PEDOSPHERE 39 ISPPD National Conference, Chennai
- Guest speaker- ‘Hemangiopericytoma/Solitary Fibrous Tumor- A Case Report at 1st SAAPD International Conference, New Delhi,2018
- Guest speaker- ‘Public Health Awareness for Emergency Care of TDI’ at 1st ISDT conference , New delhi
- Guest speaker- ‘Management of laxative injuries’ at 3rd international conference on dentistry and oral health 26-28 Oct at Male, Maldives
- Executive Committee Member of Indian Dental Association,Indore branch for the year 2010-2011.
- Life Member, Indian Society of Pedodontics with Preventive Dentistry.
- Member Editorial Board of JIDAMP
- Member Reprsentative to state of Indian Dental Association, Indore Branch for the year 2011-2012
- Scientific paper presented at 32 IDA M.P. State Dental Confrence --" Pediatric Endodontics - act and react or extract"
Dr. Anuradha Agrawal
Dr. Anuradha Agrawal
- “Dentigerous cyst associated with Permanent Maxillary Lateral Incisor- A rare Entity” Published in Journal of The Indian Dental Association ( JADA) Vol 2:9 September 2008; 276-277.
- “Permanent Maxillary first Molars with Single root and single canal, A Case report of a rare morphology.” Published in JISPPD Vol 28:2 April- june 2010; 121-125.
- Intra Coronal bleaching in a Young permanent and a deciduous tooth with biologic perspectives: 2 Case – reports Accepted in JCPD.
- Use of MTA and Intraradicular Splinting in Horizontal Root Fracture. A case report ; Archives of Dental Sciences 2010, Vol.1, Issue 1, 69-72 l
- Oral submucous fibrosis in a 9 year old Indian girl-BMJ Case Report Sep-2011.doi:10.1136/bcr.08.2011.4588 1
- Riga-Fede Disease: A Case Report- Archives of Dental Sciences Vol.2, Issue 4, 58-60 2012
- Comparison of six different methods ofcleaning and preparing occlusal fissure surfacebefore placement of pit and fissure sealant:An in vitro stud JISPPDJan - Mar 2012 | Issue 1 | Vol 30 |
Scientific Papers presented :
- “Dentigerous cyst associated with Permanent Maxillary Lateral Incisor- A rare Entity” in 29th Annual conference of ISPPD at Banglore .
- “Dentigerous cyst associated with Permanent Maxillary Lateral Incisor- A rare Entity” in State IDA conference at Indore .
- “Permanent Maxillary first Molars with Single root and single canal, a rare morphology- Case report.” in 30th ISPPD national conference at Hyderabad.
- “Permanent Maxillary first Molars with Single root and single canal, a rare morphology- Case report.” in Scientific programme at Modern dental college and research cenre Indore 2008 .
- Comparison of Six different enamel treatment procedures on sealant microleakage. in 31st ISPPD National conference at Ghajiabad 2009.
- Ectodermal Dysplasia - Prosthodontic treatment of two familial cases 31st M.P. State IDA Conference 25-27 nov 2011 Indore.
- Awarded first prize for best scientific paper presented in scientific programme at Modern dental college and research centre Indore 2008 .
- MemberIndian society of Pedodontics and Preventive dentistryISPPD.
- Life Member Indian Dental Association ( IDA)
- Research work: “A Comparison of different methods of cleaning and preparing occlusal fissure surface before placement of Pit and Fissure sealant—An in Vitro study.” 2009-2010.
- “Protecting Smiles On Playground” at 29th M.P. State Dental conference, Bhopal, 30, 31Oct., 1st Nov. 09
- “Do They Know Enough” at 32nd Annual Conference of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Amritsar , 12th to 14th November 2010
- “Awareness of oral health of children in Pediatricians: A pilot study in Indore, a city of central India” at 33rd Annual Conference of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Mangalore , 4th to 6th November 2011.
- Initial Stresses induced in Permanent Maxillary First Molar in Mixed Dentition under Normal Masticatory Forces: A Finite Element Study The Journal of Clinical Paediatric Dentistry
- valuation and Comparison between Formocresol and Sodium Hypochlorite as Pulpotomy Medicament: A Randomized Study The Journal of Contemporary Dental Practise
- Accidental periapical extrusion of non-setting calcium hydroxide: Unusual bone response and management Journal of Indian society of Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
- A combination technique of microabrasion and remineralizing agent for treatment of dental fluorosis stains SRM Journal of Research in Dentistry
- Herpes Zoster with Postherpetic Neuralgia involving the Left Maxillary and Mandibular Branch of Trigeminal Nerve International Journal of Oral Care & Research
- Autotransplantation of an Impacted Second Premolar in its Predecessor’s Socket with the Novel use of Modern Imaging System: A Case Report with 18 Months Follow Up Journal of Trauma & Treatment
- Awareness of oral health among Pediatricians: A preliminary study in Indore National Journal of Dental Science & Research
- Awareness about oral health related problems in pregnant women and children amongst obstetricians/gynecologists International Journal of Dental Science & Research
- Prevalence of mesiodens among six- to seventeen-year-old school going children of Indore. Khandelwal V, Nayak AU, Naveen RB, Ninawe N, Nayak PA, Sai Prasad SV. J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2011 Oct-Dec;29(4):288-93. doi: 10.4103/0970-4388.86369.PMID:22016311
- Idiopathic Gingival Fibromatosis. International Journal of Clinical Pediatric Dentistry, January-April 2011;4(1):77-81
- A 1-year clinical evaluation of fissure sealants on permanent first molars. Ninawe N, Ullal NA, Khandelwal V. Contemp Clin Dent. 2012 Jan;3(1):54-9. doi: 10.4103/0976-237X.94547.PMID:22557898
- Prevalence of areca nut chewing in the middle school-going children of Indore, India. Khandelwal A, Khandelwal V, Saha MK, Khandelwal S, Prasad S, Saha SG. Contemp Clin Dent. 2012 Apr;3(2):155-7. doi: 10.4103/0976-237X.96817. PMID: 22919213
- Clinical management of a complicated crown-root fracture using autogenous tooth fragment: A biological restorative approach. Kulkarni VK, Sharma DS, Banda NR, Solanki M, Khandelwal V, Airen P. Contemp Clin Dent. 2013 Jan;4(1):84-7. doi: 10.4103/0976-237X.111603.PMID:23853460.
- Awareness about management of 'avulsed teeth' among primary contact doctors. Khandelwal V, Gupta A, Khandelwal S.J Indian Assoc Pediatr Surg. 2013 Apr;18(2):93. doi: 10.4103/0971-9261.109368. PMID:23798818
- Fragment reattachment of fractured anterior teeth in a young patient with a 1.5-year follow-up. Ninawe N, Doifode D, Khandelwal V, Nayak PA.BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Apr 22;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013009399. 10.1136/bcr-2013-009399. PMID: 23608870
- Multiple idiopathic apical root resorption. Kanungo M, Khandelwal V, Nayak UA, Nayak PA. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Apr 23;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013009696.10.1136/bcr-2013-009696. PMID:23616336.
- Noma neonatorum. Nayak PA, Nayak UA, Khandelwal V, Gupta A. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 May 9;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013009912. 10.1136/bcr-2013-009912. PMID: 23667229
- Reattachment of maxillary permanent teeth fragments: a conservative approach. Khandelwal V, Nayak PA, Nayak UA, Ninawe N. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 May 22;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013009833. 10.1136/bcr-2013-009833. PMID: 23704460
- Aesthetic management of dental fluorosis. Khandelwal V, Nayak UA, Nayak PA, Ninawe N. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 May 22;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013010029.10.1136/bcr-2013-010029.PMID:23704468
- Subcutaneous emphysema of periorbital region after stainless steel crown preparation in a young child. Khandelwal V, Agrawal P, Agrawal D, Nayak PA. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 May 22;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013009952. 10.1136/bcr-2013-009952.PMID: 23704466
- Management of unusual case of Crocker and Hartzell's disease in a young patient with a 1 year follow-up. Bafna Y, Kambalimath HV, Khandelwal V, Nayak PA. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 May 22;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013009913. 10.1136/bcr-2013-009913.PMID: 23704463
- Taurodontism in deciduous molars. Bafna Y, Kambalimath HV, Khandelwal V, Nayak P. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Jun 3;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013010079. 10.1136/bcr-2013-010079.PMID:23737594
- Management of an infant having natal teeth. Khandelwal V, Nayak UA, Nayak PA, Bafna Y. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Jun 3;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013010049. 10.1136/bcr-2013-010049. PMID:23737593
- Fixed functional space maintainer: novel aesthetic approach for missing maxillary primary anterior teeth. Khare V, Nayak PA, Khandelwal V, Nayak UA. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Jun 3;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013009585. 10.1136/bcr-2013-009585. PMID:23737580
- Restoration of fractured anterior permanent teeth using reference guide technique.Nayak UA, Khandelwal V, Nayak PA, Thakur JS. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Jun 6;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013010257. 10.1136/bcr-2013-010257. PMID:23749838
- Accessory tragus: a dentist's perspective. Khandelwal V, Banda NR, Nayak UA, Banda VR. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Jun 12;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013008645. 10.1136/bcr-2013-008645.PMID:23761605
- Simplified design and precautionary measures in fabrication of a feeding obturator for a newborn with cleft lip and palate. Dubey A, Mujoo S, Khandelwal V, Nayak PA.BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Jun 16;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013010465. 10.1136/bcr-2013-010465.PMID:23774712
- 'Mend the bend': a report of two cases of labial dilacerated and palatal dilacerated crown. Avinash A, Dubey A, Khandelwal V, Nayak PA. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Jul 31;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013200291. 10.1136/bcr-2013-200291. PMID:23904433
- Oral lichen planus in a young Indian child. Khandelwal V, Nayak PA, Nayak UA, Gupta A. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Aug 13;2013. doi:pii: bcr2013010516. 10.1136/bcr-2013-010516.PMID:23946513.
- Sweetened areca-nut chewing habit: A public health issue among school children of Indore, India. Vishal Khandelwal, Ullal Anand Nayak, Prathibha Anand Nayak, Sushma Khandelwal. South East Asia Journal of Public Health 2012;2(2):73-76.
- Health care waste disposal among private dentist in an Indian city: it’s time to act. Vishal Khandelwal, Sushma Khandelwal, Jandel Singh Thakur. Int J Infect Control 2013, v9:i2 doi: 10.3396/ijic.v9i2.016.13
- Functional Evaluation of Four Intra-Canal Retainers used for Mutilated Primary Anterior Teeth: A Case Report with 2½ years Follow-up. Divya S Sharma1 Halaswamy Vishwanath Kambalimath1 Naveen Reddy Banda Vishal Khandelwal, Ullal Anand Nayak, Sanjay Sharma. British journal of cosmetic dentistry volume 1 2012
- Endodontic therapy of a maxillary Premolar with an s-shaped canal. Khandelwal V, Nayak UA, Kambalimath HV, Nyak PA. http://www.webmedcentral.com/article_view/3795.
- Awareness of oral health among Pediatricians: A preliminary study in Indore. Divya S Sharma , Shikhar Pratap Singh Chauhan, Vinaya Kumar Kulakarni Naveen Reddy B, Vishal Khandelwal,Pragya Tiwari Gupta. NJDSR,Vol.1,January, 2012 1-6.
- Regenerative Biomaterials in dentistry. Priyanka Airen , Bhuvnesh Airen , Vishal Khandelwal , Khushboo Barjatya ,Ankur Vatsal. NJDSR ; 2012: 75-80.
- Vacuum formed splints: A flexible option. Vishal Khandelwal, Nayak Ullal Anand, Nayak Prathibha Anand, Ninawe Nupur. Saudi Endodontic Journal 2012; 2 :104-15.
- Salivary Flow Assessment In Denture Wearers. Maheshwari A, Maheshwari B, Khandelwal V. WebmedCentral plus BIOCHEMISTRY 1970;-39(1): WMCPLS00103
- Repositioning a laterally luxated maxillary central incisor with a vacuum-formed splint: a case report.Khandelwal V, Shigli AL, Nayak UA.Gen Dent. 2013 Nov-Dec;61(7):e38-40.
- Management of Traumatic Bone Cyst in a 3-Year-Old Child: A Rare Case Report. Naveen Reddy Banda, Ullal Anand Nayak,Kambalimath HV, Shrma DD, Khandelwal V. International journal of clinical pediatric dentistry. 2012;5:213-216.
- Tobacco use among dental students. Vishal Khandelwal, Nupur Ninawe, Ullal Anand Nayak, Prathibha Nayak, Saket Vyawhare. Central India Journal of Dental Sciences. 2012;3:154-157.
- Hookah use among high school children in an Indian city.Anand NP, Vishal K, Anand NU, Sushma K, Nupur N.J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent. 2013 Jul-Sep;31(3):180-3. doi: 10.4103/0970-4388.117980.
- Management of sublingual ulceration in a 12-month-old child. Bafna Y, Khandelwal V, Bafna M, Nayak PA.BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Aug 23;2013.
- The Hookah Experience: Stop them before It’s Too Late!!!! Vishal Khandelwal, Ullal Anand Nayak, Prathibha Anand Nayak, Sushma Khandelwal. Indian Journal of Public Health, Volume 58, Issue 3, July-September, 2014204-205.
- Tobacco Addiction Among Dental Students: A Reality to be Addressed Vishal Khandelwal, Sushma Khandelwal. Indian Journal of Community Medicine/Vol 39/Issue 3/July 2014.188-189.
- Gingival squamous cell carcinoma presenting as periodontal lesion in the mandibular posterior region. Gupta R, Debnath N, Nayak PA, Khandelwal V. BMJ Case Rep 2014. doi:10.1136/bcr-2013-202511.
- Habit of areca nut chewing among young population aged between 8-18 years of rural vicinity in a Indore District of MP. Khandelwal, Kanungo M, Airen P, Kanungo H. JIDAMP issue 1;2014, 08-09
- A comparative evaluation of microleakage of glass ionomer restoration with different surface protectors - an in-vitro study. Nupur Ninawe , Ullal Anand Nayak , Priya Nagar , Vishal Khandelwal , Suyash Jain , Ambika Shrivastava Gupta. DJAS 2(II), 105-108, 2014.
- The effect of xylitol on dental caries and oral flora. Prathibha Anand Nayak, Ullal Anand Nayak, Vishal Khandelwal3 Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dentistry 2014:6;89-94.
- Nurses’ experience and role in infants with natal teeth. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res. 2015 may-jun 20(3):409.
- Co-Relation between root resorption patterns of deciduous mandibular molars and position of erupting permanent successors: A radiographic evaluation. Dr. Aakash Sharma, Dr. Sadanand Kulkarni, Dr. Nanjunda Swamy, Dr. Vishal Khandelwal, Dr. Darpan Nenava, Dr. Prachita Agrawal. International Journal of Applied Research 2016; 2(5): 440-444
- Hookah addiction among adolescents of five major cities in Central India. DOI:10.515/IJAMH -2016-0025
- Nasoalveolar moulding in infant with cleft lip and cleft palate. IJPCD.DOI: 10.5005/jp-journals-10052-0158.
- Oral submucous fibrosis in a school-going Indian adolescent boy. DOI.10.515/ijamh-2016-0096
- Knowledge of hepatitis B virus infection and its control practices among dental students in an Indian city .DOI:10.515/2016¬-0103
- Prevalence of traumatic injuries to the anterior teeth among 3–17-year-old school children of Indore and correlating it with Kuppuswamy SES, occlusal relationship and ascertaining percentage of those seeking the treatmen. DOI: 10.1515/ijamh-2018-0061
- Baby’ s day out’ in MPIDA 2007 conference
- Non syndromic hypodontia at ISPPD Bangalore 2007
- Managemnet of mutilated primary anterior teeth at Bhopal MPIDA conference 2009
- Idipathic gingival fibromatosis a case report at ISPPD Hyderabad 2008
- prevalence of mesiodens in school children of Indore at ISPPD conference murad nagar. 2009
- Prevalence of Traumatic Dental Injury in school going children of Indore at ISPPD international conference ,Pattaya 2012.
- Started Post Graduate Course (MDS) in Dept of Pedodontics and Preventive dentistry from 2019
Dr. Shikhar Pratap Singh
Scientific Papers Presented :
Dr. Vishal Khandelwal
Scientific Papers presented :
Dr Priyesh Ajmera
PRESENTATIONS and ACHIEVEMENTS:
Member Indian Dental Association ( IDA)