Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthodontics
- Here we treat the children and adults with different types of malocclusion. We concentrate upon prevention, interception and correction of dental and orthopaedic problems. We also work in collaboration with other department for surgical, prosthodontics and periodontics with interdisciplinary approach to undertake a total oral rehabilitation for patients that reports to our and other departments.
- This Department is located on the second floor of the main building (department number 11), which includes an undergraduate and postgraduate clinic.
- Here we treat the patients with different types of appliances and therapies. This includes: Begg’s appliance therapy, preadjusted appliance therapy, Tip edge appliance therapy, lingual appliance therapy and micro-implants.
- In the undergraduate department we treat the mild orthodontic problems with removable appliance.
- The post graduation in the subject of orthodontics is running since 1991 with one seat through pre postgraduate entrance test. The Faculty offers dynamic undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs designed to produce efficient and research oriented dental practitioners.
- Prof. & HOD
- Date of Joining:- 05/08/1989
- Date of Joining:-17/01/2008
- Date of Joining:-31/08/2012
- virag firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date of Joining:-14/09/2015
- Teaching Experience:-9 Year
- Date of Joining:-01/10/2009
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthodontics
MR. ASHOK DAS
CLASS III EMPLOYEE
MR. RITESH DEV
MR. SANJAY DHOLPURE
- Orthognathic surgery and distraction osteogenesis.
- Treatment of Oral and Maxillofacial Diseases.
- Management of oral Complications in cleft lip and palate patients.
2. Training Courses
- Post graduation teaching
- Refresher courses with permission from principal
- Post graduate Thesis Dissertation
- Dr. Sandhya JainMEMBERSHIP: IDA, IOS, WFO, ADA, FICD, F PFA
- Presented more than 50 scientific papers in various conferences at State, National and International level.
- Some include –guest lecture at Karachi Pakistan in World Health Update 2007
- & at 32 Asia Pacific dental congress, Sri Lanka 2010.
- Presented guest paper on Smile designing-an holistic approach , Jaipur IDA national conference 2010
- Invited as a speaker in post graduate student convention, 2010, Manali (H.P.) on “Management of Class III malocclusion”.
- Presented guest paper on Smile designing-an orthodontic perspective , Bombay IDA national conference 2011
- Presented guest paper in Indian Orthodontic Society conference at Nagpur , 2008, IDA conference at Nagpur 2008 and at Mangalore 2009.
- Presented a paper as Guest lecture on “Unmasking the malocclusion” in IDA student conference in Rishikesh in 2012
- Invited as guest speaker in various cities – Merrut, Loni, Nagpur, Baroda, Modinagar, etc & in Gujrat study group and mid year convention.
- Presented a guest lecture on “Midline asymmetries in orthodontics” in National Conference at Ahmedabad 2014
- Presented a guest lecture on research methodology pertaining to dentistry at the acropolis institute (AFMR,AITR) , Nov 2014, Indore .
- Presented a guest lecture on Basics of Interpreting result at Govt. college of Dentistry , Indore in august 2015
- Presented a guest lecture on smile designing at students convention held at jaipur in 2013
COURSE CONDUCTED: By DR. SANDHYA JAIN
- “Semi fixed appliances”- 1st Central zone conference at Indore.
- Orthodontics for general Practioners - 2nd Central Zone conference at Indore.
- Pre adjusted Edgewise appliances- 2nd Central Zone conference at Indore.
- Pre-adjusted edgewise- 25 & 26 Nov 2009 at GDC Indore.
- Functional appliances -25 & 26 oct 2010 at Lucknow organized by Career dental college.
- Organized a work shop on “management of dentofacial deformities” in GDC Indore.
Presented many scientific papers at state, national & inter national level. Some include –guest lecture at Karachi Pakistan in World Health Update 2007& at 32 Asia Pacific dental congress, Sri Lanka 2010.
Indian Orthodontic Society conference at Nagpur in 2008, IDA conference at Mangalore and at Nagpur 2008. Invited as guest speaker in various cities – Merrut, Loni, Nagpur, Baroda, Modinagar, etc & in Gujrat study group and mid year convention. Presented more than 50 scientific papers in various conferences at State, National and International level.
- Gold Medalist.
- Silver medal for securing highest marks in orthodontics.
- Member of review committee of journal of Indian Orthodontic Society.
- Member of editorial board of journal of Pierre Fauchard acadamy.
- Member of editorial board of journal of orofacial & health sciences.
- Recipient of George Jacob Award for best clinical innovations,2005 in 41st Indian Orthodontic Conference, 2006
Has published more than 40 scientific papers in various journals-International Journal of dental clinics, Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society, Pierre-Fauchard Academy, Journal of Clinical orthodontics, Journal of International College of Dentistry, Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Journal of Indian dental association, IDA news bulletin, J Clinical pediatric Dentistry, Journal of Oral Science, Progress in orthodontics, Journal of orofacial pain, People’s journal of scientific research International Dental Medical Journal of Advanced Research, Journal of Advanced Medical and Dental Sciences Research, Journal of orofacial research, Dental press journal, Journal of clinical and Diagnostic research etc.
- Sandhya Jain. Cytotoxic effect of various bonding agents – In vitro study. JPFA.1988.
- Sandhya Jain. Non-surgical management of Class III malocclusion. Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society1998; vol.31: no.1
- Rohit Chopra, Sandhya Jain, V.P.Jalili. “Comparisons of Cephalometric norms of a cosmopolitan group in Indore to other population groups. Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society2001; vol.34: no.1.
- Rohit Chopra, Sandhya Jain, V.P.Jalili. Morphological variables in Central India- A survey. JIDA 2001; vol.72: no.9.
- Late Narendra Sharma, V.P.Jalili, Sandhya Jain. Tooth size and arch dimensions and its relation to malocclusion in young adult males of Indore Malwa. JPFA, 2001.vol.5: no.4.
- Dr.SANDHYA JAIN and DR SAMINA RHEMAN SEP 2002 MP state journal ,Treatment of class ll division l malocclusion with myofuntional applaince
- Sandhya Jain. Bonding impacted teeth without moisture contamination. Journal of clinical orthodontics 2005.
- Sandhya Jain, Mragendra Raka, Arun Sandey. Uprighting horizontally impacted mandibular II molar. JCO 2005; vol. XXXIX: no.3.
- Arun Sandey, Sandhya Jain. Tooth size & arch dimensions relation to normal occlusion of different facial growth patterns in Malwa population. Pierre-Fauchard Academy 2005.
- Sandhya Jain. Correction of rotated incisor. News bulletin, IDA M.P.State.
- Sandhya Jain, Sandeep Agarwal. Non-extraction treatment with myofunctional appliance. News bulletin, IDA M.P.State, 2005.
- Sandhya Jain. Orthognathic surgery- Part I. News bulletin, IDA, 2005
- Sandhya Jain. Orthognathic surgery- Part II. News bulletin, IDA, 2005
- Sandhya Jain, Varghese Mani, Vilas Newaskar, Mragendra Raka, Sandeep Agrawal. Surgical treatment of Class II div I malocclusion- a Case Report. Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery 2005; vol 4, no.1:24-27
- Soni Shami Alok, Sandhya Jain, V.P.Jalili. Comparative study of mandibular anchorage preservation in high angle cases in Begg’s technique. JPFA 2006; vol.20: no.2.
- Sandhya Jain, Ram Kishore Ratre: Non extraction treatment of class II division I malocclusion with fixed functional therapy: Case report. Journal of Indian dental association MP state Apr-June 08-11, 2007.
- Sandhya Jain, Ramkishore Ratre. Treatment of multilated malocclusion- a case report. Journal of Pierre Fauchard Aacademy march 2008 Vol. 22 No.1.
- Sandhya Jain. A Modified Begg Uprighting Spring for Preadjusted Edgewise Brackets. JCO Nov 2008 Vol. XLII No. 11
- Sandhya Jain. Cu-Ni-Ti Arch Wire, Optimising orthodontics: A case report. Journal of international college of dentists Vol. 54, No.1, 2009.
- Wadher, Sandhya Jain. Antero-posterior Pharyngeal Size of Well Balanced Faces and Normal Occlusion in Different Growth Patterns. Journal of Pierre Fauchard Aacademy Vol. 24, No. 1 march 2010.
- Khandelwal, V.P. Jalili, Sandhya Jain. Soft tissue norms of Indore malwa, JPFA 2010; Vol 24: no.2.
- Deshraj Jain, Sandhya Jain, Alok kumar, Tripti Rahangdale. Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia: Prosthetic and Endodontic Management J Clinical pediatric Dentistry Jan-Apr 2010 Vol. 3 no 1 63-67
- Agrawal Vijay, Jain Sandhya. Computed tomographic analysis of condyle fossa relationship in normal Class I vertically growing males and its correlation with mandibular morphology and dental parameters. JIOS Vol 44, No.3 July-Sept 2010 pg 34-41.
- Khandelwal, V.P. Jalili, Sandhya Jain. Incidence of malocclusion of male and female population of indore malwa. JIDA Oct 2010; Vol 4: no.10.
- J Deshraj,S Jaideep , J Sandhya , G Gaurav. Elongated styloid process : An unusual cause of neck pain and difficulty in swallowing. Journal of orofacial pain, vol 4,17-25,Dec 2010.
- Choukse Ankur, Jain Sandhya. Computed tomographic analysis of condyle fossa relationship in Skeletal Class I and Skeletal Class II vertically growing males and its correlation with mandibular morphology and dental parameters. International Journal of dental clinics Vol 3 issue 2 Apr-June 2011.
- and its correlation with mandibular morphology and dental parameters. International Journal of dental clinics Vol 3 issue 2 Apr-June 2011
- A Chaukse,S.Jain, M.S. Reddy,R.Dubey, S.M.John,Suma S.:Treament of skeletal class III malocclusion Using the Forsus appliance:A case report. People’s journal of scientific research Vol.4 (1) Jan 2011
- Saurabh K. Gupta, Payal Saxena, Sandhya Jain, Deshraj Jain: Prevalence and distribution of selected developmental dental anomalies in an Indian population, Journal of Oral Science,Vol.53, No.2,231-238,2011.
- Shreya gupta, Sandhya jain, Anuradha deoskar, Punit gupta: Determining skeletal maturation using insulin like growth factor I, Progress in orthodontics 2011.
- Shreya gupta, Sandhya jain: OPG analysis of assessment of mandibular asymmetry: JIOS, Dec 2011,45
- Rachna Dubey, Sandhya Jain: Transient Bacterimia after tooth brushing in orthodontic patients: Progress in orthodontics 2011
- Ankur Choukse, Sandhya Jain,,Rachna Dubey, Nishtha, Abhishek, Gaurvi: Basic orthodontic knowledge for General practioners: Journal of orofacial research July- Sept 12, vol 2 no3.
- Payal saxena, saurabh Gupta, sandhya jain, Deshraj jainwork related musculoskeletal pain among dentists in Madhya Pradesh, India: Prevalence associated risk factors and preventive measures, Asian journal of pacific health October 4 , 2013
- Ashish Gulati, Sandhya Jain, comparison of Dentoskeletofacial cephalometric values of malwa population of Madhya pradeshwith other racial and ethnic groups, JPFA 2013:27; 95-101
- Shreya Gupta, Sandhya Jain,Craniofacial fibrous dysplasia with facial asymmetry , canted occlusion and open bite: A case report with 2 year follow up , J,Contemp Dent Pract.2013
- Jain S, Gupta S . Management of malocclusion with minimum intervention – A case report, Clin Dent 2013 : 7(12) : 31-36
- Dubey R, Jain S, Dubey A, chaukse A, Suma S, Shrivastava T, correlation of transient bacteremia with duration of orthodontic treatment, JIOS 2014, 48 (4) ; ..301-8
- Gupta S, Ratre RK, Jain S, Chandki R, simple way of recording arch forms , journal of clinical and diagnostic research march 2015 vol 9 (3).
- Ram kishore ratre, Sandhya Jain , Chandni Bharti, Fabrication of universal lingual esthetic button; JIOS 2015.
- Sandhya Jain, Neetu Sharma, Deshraj Jain: Basic Fundaments Of Designing A Quality Research: Journal of Advanced Medical and Dental Sciences Research |Vol. 3|Issue 1| January-March 2015.
- Jain S, Punyani P, Jain D, Jain S. Relevance of statistical and clinical significance in dental research. Int Dent Med J Adv Res2015;1:1-3.
- Jain S, Gupta A, Jain D. Common statistical tests in dental research. J Adv Med Dent Sci Res 2015;3:1-8.
- Jain S, Gupta A, Jain D. Estimation of sample size in dental research. Int Dent Med J Adv Res 2015;1:1-6.
- Jain S, Jain S, Punyani PR, Jain D. Basics of interpreting results. Int Dent Med J Adv Res 2015;1:1-4.
- Jain S et al Interpreting Research Findings with Confidence Interval Journal of Orthodontics and Endodontics 2015:Vol1 No.1:8
- Jain S Rapid Correction of Rotation with Modified Rotation Tie Journal of Orthodontics and Endodontics 2015:Vol1 No.1:7
- Clinical Tip for Adjusting Reverse Pull Facemask/Headgear Assembly; Sandhya Jain; Journal of clinical and diagnostic research,Year : 2016 | Month : January | Volume : 10 | Issue : 1 | Page : ZH01 - ZH0
- Jain S, Ashaiya A, Chourse S, Jain D. An Overview of Research Methodology Pertaining to Prosthodontics. Ann. Int. Med. Den. Res. 2016;2(1):9-14.
- Jain s et al. Prevalence of midline shift in orthodontic patients, International Journal of current Innovation Research 2016, Vol 1, Issue 10; 237-243
Dr. Ramkishore Ratre
- Shreya Gupta, Ram Kishore Ratre, Jain Sandhya: Simple way of recording dental arch forms. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research. 2015 march,vol9(3):ZM04-05.
- Dr Madhu S. Ratre, Dr Shaleen Khetarpal, Dr R. K. Ratre,Dr Mishthu Solanki. Hemisection: A predictable, practical and cost effective approach in management of advanced furcation involvement – a case report. JIDAMP 2014 issue 2, apr-dec: 23-25.
- Ramkishore Ratre, Jatin Agrawal, Rolly Shrivastav, Madhu S Ratre: Rapid Orthodontic Forced Eruption and Management of Traumatized Incisor: A Case Report. Clinical Dentistry 2012; 5:28-31.
- Ashish Saxena, R K Ratre, S K Gupta, Neha Verma: Regaining space loss through pendulum appliance for impacted premolar – A case study. Archives of Dental Sciences. 2011,vol 2, issue 4; 61-63.
- Anuradha Agrawal, Ajay Parihar, Ramkishore Ratre, Madhu Singh Ratre: Riga-Fede Disease: A Case Report. Archives of Dental Sciences. 2011,vol 2, issue 2; 43-45.
- Ramkishore Ratre, Ajay Parihar, Madhu S Ratre: Retained deciduous canine as a cause of impaction, a case study. Archives of Dental Sciences. 2011,vol 2, issue 3; 55-56.
- Ajay Parihar, Ram Kishore Ratre, Vilas N, Madhu Ratre: Multiple impacted permanent and supernumerary teeth: A case report. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research [serial online] 2010 October [cited: 2010 October 10]; 4: 3287-3288.
- Jain Sandhya, Ratre Ramkishore, Agrawal Vijay: Treatment of Mutilated Malocclusion – A Case Report. Journal of Pierre Fauchard Academy. 2008. No 1, vol 22, March, 22-26.
- Sandhya Jain, Ramkishore Ratre: Nonextration Treatment of Class II Division I Malocclusion with fixed Functional Therapy: Case Report. Journal of IDA MP State april-june 2007; 9-11
PRESENTATIONS and ACHIEVEMENTS :Dr. Ramkishore Ratre
- Management of Canine Impaction in MP Study Group 2009
- Orthodontic Management of Canine Impaction in 42nd Indian Orthodontic Conference Nagpur 2008
- Management of Canine Impaction in 4th Central Zone and 27th IDA MP State Conference 2007
- Management of Class II Malocclusion in 26th MP State Dental Conference and Continuing Dental Education 2006 in Gwalior MP.
- 2nd Position in Dental Quiz Competition in Student Convention / Clinician Meet – Indian Dental Association 2001.
- Cracked tooth syndrome. 1st student convention in GDC Indore 2001
Dr. Gauravardhan Kulkarni
- KULKARNI G : Genetics in Orthodontics : Dental horizon
- GARG A, JAJOO A, KULKARNI G : Preventive Orthodontics – A General Practitioners Perspective : MP State IDA Journal
COURSE CONDUCTED:By Dr. Gauravardhan Kulkarni
- Functional appliances -25 & 26 oct 2010 at Lucknow organized by Career dental college.
Management of developmental and positional anomalies of the teeth and the jaws.
To enforce Preventive, Interceptive, Corrective and Surgical treatment for patients with Dentofacial problems.
Academic and Research Interest in Microimplant Anchorage and Lingual Orthodontics